Friday, May 9, 2014

Mashed Garlic Cauliflower

For years I never prepared cauliflower.  Why would I?  It has no taste, or so I thought.  Prior to trying this bowl of goodness I would make mashed potatoes as a side.  But, for the past couple of years, this is what I prepare.  Mash it so it's luscious, add a little cheese, butter and garlic and I could devour the entire bowl.  Oh wait, I have!

Ingredients:
1 medium head cauliflower
3 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1/4-1/2 cup grated Parmesan, you decide
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
chicken broth (optional)

Directions:
Bring medium size pan of chicken broth or water to a boil.
Rinse and cut cauliflower in to small pieces.  Boil until done (tender).  Drain well, I place the cauliflower in a salad spinner and get as much water out as possible.  Do not let cool.  
In a blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and butter until smooth.
Garnish with chives.

Tip: For a dinner party I will make this a day ahead and refrigerate it.  Time for dinner just pop it into the microwave, it heats up beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment