Monday, May 26, 2014

Atlanta's Thumbs Up Diner

THUMBS UP DINER, GEORGIA,  ATLANTA
Me and Richard
My favorite meal to eat out is breakfast.  My favorite breakfast item is biscuits!  When in Atlanta my favorite breakfast establishment is Thumbs Up Diner. There is usually a wait, but its worth every minute.  To me it's usually a good sign if there is a line.  Your order comes out quickly, and is always piping hot.   I was first introduced to this diner in March, and have been a regular whenever I've been back in town.  When I think of Thumbs Up, two things come to mind.  The best biscuits I've ever had, and Richard, who is an employee at the diner.  Upon each of my visits to this establishment I have ordered the same thing, as I'm a creature of habit.  I always order the egg white omelette with tomatoes, mushroom and spinach, a side of fresh fruit and, of course, a biscuit.  The biscuits are light, with a crusty crust which is saved for last after my other items are eaten, just like dessert.   They also make different flavors of preserves.  Yesterday, they had peach, and this morning it was strawberry.   Before heading back home tomorrow, we will make another trip to the diner.  I wonder what kind of preserves they will have?  Stone on the other hand seems to always order a belgian waffle.   Cooked to perfection, a light crispy batter, with deep holes that allow the butter and syrup to puddle.  Richard, whom we met for the first time three months ago, greets you with the warmest most welcoming smile and has a way of making your dining experience personal.  I was greeted with a smile and left with a hug.  This is what southerners are all about, making you feel like you are among family.  Stone and I will look forward to returning during future visits to Atlanta.  
THUMBS UP DINER, ATLANTA, GEORGIA, OMELETTE ,BISCUIT, FRUIT
The best biscuits you will ever eat, along with the biggest omelette.  You wonder if you will be able to eat it all but manage along with the fruit salad.  Knowing if you don't, you'll think about it all day, regretting you left it behind.   

BACONM FRUIT, BELGIUM WAFFLE, THUMBS UP DINER, ATLANTA, GEORGIE
Stone's light crispy belgian waffle with deep holes for the butter and syrup to puddle in,  with sides of bacon and fruit salad
What is your favorite item to order at Thumbs Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment