Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Braces Be Gone

One year and eight months ago, I as an adult, got braces for the first time.  It's amazing the changes my teeth have gone through.  The day they put them on I thought they had left something attached, but they instantly laughed and said, "no it's the braces."  They felt so strange. The thought of going for over a year and a half with that feeling did not excite me.  Luckily, I quickly adjusted.  I don't know how the girls at the orthodontist office put up with me.  I can be such a baby when it comes to messing with my teeth.  They were so patient, and I felt as though we had become friends.
It was finally time for the braces to be removed.  I was up early because I was so excited.  Upon arrival of my appointment, everyone at Turner Orthodontics was enthusiastic as I was.  Hmmm, maybe they were ready to be finished with me.  I'm telling you I do not like anyone messing with my teeth!  Quickly, the braces came off and I was out the door, scheduled to come back in the afternoon to pick up my retainer. I stopped at the grocery to pick up supplies to bake two pie's and take to their office when I returned.  I choose to make a Buttermilk and a Fudge Pie.  As soon as I returned to the house, I put together two pie crusts, then proceeded to make the fillings.  Soon the aroma filled my house.  Poor Stone, he only wanted one slice, but I quickly told him NO!  These pies were for  Turner Orthodontics. I hope these made up for me being such a baby.

Turner Orthodontics, Braces, Buttermilk Pie, Fudge Pie, Knoxville Tn, Teeth.
Turner Orthodontics

Turner Orthodontics, Braces, Buttermilk Pie, Fudge Pie, Knoxville Tn, Teeth.
Fudge Pie


Fudge Pie Ingredients:
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, meaning (6 ounces).
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped
1 (9 ") unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 375".  Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl  until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
Stir in sugar and flour into chocolate mixture.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring just until blended after each addition.  Stir in salt, vanilla and pecans.  Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake at 375' for 30-35 minutes or until set.  Cool 10 minutes before serving.

Turner Orthodontics, Braces, Buttermilk Pie, Fudge Pie, Knoxville Tn, Teeth.
Buttermilk Pie


Buttermilk Pie Ingredients:
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 large eggs
3 Tablespoons flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400'.  In a microwave safe bowl melt butter.  In a large mixing bowl add buttermilk, sugar, eggs, flour, salt and vanilla, mix until incorporated.  Add melted butter, mix well.  Bake 15 minutes in 400' oven, then reduce over to 350" and bake 45 minutes.  Will still slightly jiggle, filling will set as it cools.
Did you bake a treat for your orthodontic's office when you got your braces off?

No comments:

Post a Comment