Bake at 425' for 15 minutes on bottom rack, then move up one rack and reduce temp to 350', continue baking for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until crust is brown and juices are bubbly. Cool.
Makes one 9" pie
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon slat
2 pounds sliced peaches (about 5-6 large peaches)
1/2 pound fresh cherries (make sure to take the pits out)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 double pie crust
milk-water or cream
sparkling sugar or granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425'.
2. Combine granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl place sliced peaches, pitted cherries and sprinkle with lemon juice and almond extract; toss to coat. Add sugar mixture; mix gently.
4. Roll out bottom layer of pie crust and place into a 9" pie pan with about an 1" hanging over. Spoon in filling, getting all the juices.
5. Roll out remaining crust and place on top of filling. Bringing up the overhanging crust all around and crimp, pressing crust together.
6. Brush with milk-water or cream and sprinkle with sparkling sugar or granulated sugar. Cut a few slits in top of crust for steam to escape.
7. Bake at 425' for 15 minutes on bottom rack, then move up one rack and reduce temp to 350', continue baking for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until crust is brown and juices are bubbly. Cool.