Monday, June 9, 2014

Biking For Burgers

West Bicycle had changed its group greenway rides to Monday since Calhoun's http://www.calhouns.com/turkey-creek-mobile.html has $5.00 burger night.  An hour and half before we were to leave for the ride, Helen called and said, "West Bicycle is no longer doing the group rides."  What, I want a burger!!!  I have been thinking about it all day.  I played golf this morning, came home, ran four miles and was planning on biking to dinner, all so I could eat a burger and feel like I earned it.  We decided that we weren't going to let the fact that they are not going to be leading Greenway rides stop us.  We met Don and Helen up the road at the red light, then  peddled our way to Calhoun's. I was getting that burger one way or another.  Upon arrival ,we were immediately seated.  As I looked at the menu, I noticed they had Turkey Burgers.  Number one, it had been years since I had eaten a burger.  Number two, I had never, ever had a Turkey Burger.  Let me tell you, my burger was scrumptious.  It didn't take us long to devour our food since we where ravenous.  As dusk approached, we were back on our bikes with Don leading us on an alternate route.  This took us home, totaling a twelve mile ride for the end of day.  It was a beautiful evening as Helen and I stated numerous times.  I look forward to many more like this in the weeks and months to come.  
turkey burger, slaw, Calhoun's knoxville tn
My Turkey Burger

bicycles, knoxville tn, calhoun's turkey creek
At Calhoun's
Turkey or beef burgers?  Which would you order?

No comments:

Post a Comment