Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Conclusion Of My Thirty-One Day Birthday Celebration

Today is the final day of my birthday continuance and it has been greeeeeat!  What a month it has been.  I originally wanted to go for a hike today, but that didn't work out.  So instead, I woke up early and went for my run and got that out of the way.  Next up, it was time to tackle the lawn.  I mowed, pulled a few weeds, dead headed the flowers, and spent some time working in our garden.  We have had so much rain that everything just keeps on growing, including the weeds.  With that done, it was time to clean up, grab some lunch, yogurt, and call my mama.  Speaking with mom, I was caught up on the latest going on there in Texas to what the weather is doing all over the world.  I know where not to go this weekend due to storms.  All I could think about was that I wanted to make some ice cream for my final commemoration of my occasion this year.  I decided upon Birthday Brownie Brittle Ice Cream, YUM!!!  It's basically Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle and Confetti Sprinkles.  Those who know me also know I love me some sprinkles, just like all my children.  Hmmmmm, I wonder where they get that from?

birthday,chocolate chip brownie brittle,chocolate sauce, confetti sprinkles, ice cream, iec cream sundae malt ball (williams-sonoma)

Birthday Brownie Brittle Ice Cream

Makes about fourteen 1/2 cup servings
Mix:
1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups heavy cream

Add In's:
1 bag Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle
Confetti Sprinkles
Ice Cream Sundae Malt Ball (Williams-Sonoma), optional
Chocolate Sauce, optional


Im a mixing bowl, mix whole milk with granulated sugar well.  Add vanilla extract,  and stir in heavy cream.  Pour into you ice cream machine and let mix until just about done.  Add Brownie Brittle a little at a time.  Continue mixing until thick.  Transfer scopes of ice cream into a freezer safe container sprinkling with confetti sprinkles as you go.  Do not mix or they will bleed.  Just layer.  Continue until all of the ice cream is in the container.  Freeze for at least 2 hours.  Scoop to serve.  Optional: top with chocolate sauce, malt ball, and extra sprinkles of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment