Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Our Birthday Celebration On National Cheesecake Day

Birthday month,The Cheesecake Factory,Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake,Kris' Outrageous Cheesecake.
Karen and I
My birthday month is coming to an end, just one more day.  My long time friend Karen also has a July birthday so we met up for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  Today just happened to be National Cheesecake Day and each slice was half price. So a believer in signs that I am, thats where we went.
It had been awhile since I had seen Karen. We both have been busy this past month celebrating our birthdays. If you think about it, most people have trouble deciding on what to do on the actual day, much less having something special to do everyday for a month.  It can be exhausting.   I was excited we were meeting up for lunch.  Karen and I have a lot in common, food being one.  On top of that, we both love sweets, which can't be a bad thing, unless you ask your doctor, which we won't.   I arrived about 10 minutes prior to our stated time.  I figured it being summer and lunch time, we would have to wait.  I put in my name and took a seat out in the sunshine while I waited for Karen.  Right on time, she walked up as the buzzer went off, letting us know our table was ready.  I had requested to be seated outdoors.  We quickly looked at the menu and made our selections.   Even though we did have lunch, our focus was on the cheesecake so I'll get straight to it.  Hello, where are we???  Karen's selection was the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, a delicate chocolate cheesecake top with a layer of belgian chocolate mousse. Mine was the Kris' Outrageous Cheesecake, with layers of damp chocolate cake, chewy brownie, toasted coconut pecan frosting and smooth chocolate chip coconut cheesecake.  As soon as the dessert arrived, I told Karen I would not be able to eat it all and would be getting a to go box.  Didn't happen, we both cleaned our plates!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment