Friday, October 10, 2014

Cakery Bakery

Stone and I where asked just recently if we would go test cake.  My son and his fiancé do not live here and neither do her parents, so it was up to us.  Well, you do not have to ask either Stone or I twice about eating cake.  Anyone else out there who needs us to perform this task can just give us a call.  That would be no problem, especially if it is at Cakery Bakery.  
We arrived at Cakery Bakery right on time.  Kim, the owner, met us at the door and showed us to the tasting table. The cakes were already lined up waiting to be frosted and sampled. Look at all that cake and that was just for Stone.  I also had the same set up of cakes. WOW!!!  Stone and I both love cake.  Before we started, Kim told us a little about herself. She's been making cakes for over 25 years, and explained all about her business. Stone informed her his favorite cake is Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake.  Kim enlightened him that he would not be getting any Betty Crocker at her bakery.  Her cakes are all from scratch, not a box mix in the bunch.
Our chosen line up was vanilla, strawberry, lemon and chocolate.   This was going to be very difficult to choose since I like all cake. I knew, however, that I was going to have to narrow it down and give the details to Michael and Delia.  

Cakery Bakery, chocolate cake, lemon cake, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, lemon buttercream frosting, strawberry buttercream frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting,

Kim iced the cakes as we where about to try each one. Look at this luscious lemon.

Cakery Bakery, chocolate cake, lemon cake, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, lemon buttercream frosting, strawberry buttercream frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting,

The vanilla with the vanilla buttercream was very tasty. This was actually our first one to try.  I was so excited to eat cake at 11am. that I just continued, one bite after another.  Forgetting that I had three more to try, I was in an eating zone.  I needed to control myself, now!!!

Cakery Bakery, chocolate cake, lemon cake, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, lemon buttercream frosting, strawberry buttercream frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting,

Awww, this was my favorite.  I'm telling you this strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream frosting was scrumptious.  Both the frosting and cake contained real strawberries.  You should have at least three servings of fruit a day, therefore I could eat all the lemon and strawberry cake I wanted.  It doesn't say the fruit can't be in cake.  It just states two to three servings of fruit.  I'm just saying...

Cakery Bakery, chocolate cake, lemon cake, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, lemon buttercream frosting, strawberry buttercream frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting,

We tested all four, the moist vanilla cake with the vanilla buttercream, the strawberry cake topped with strawberry buttercream each containing fresh strawberries, the slightly tart lemon cake with the lemon buttercream and lastly the chocolate cake.  With this one,we tried the chocolate gauche and the chocolate buttercream.  Hmmm, this one was tough.  The chocolate gauche is very good and rich.  My son, Michael,would love this, but Stone and I liked the chocolate buttercream best.  I wondered as I spoked with Delia which one of these they would choose.   

Cakery Bakery, chocolate cake, lemon cake, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, lemon buttercream frosting, strawberry buttercream frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting,

When I need to have a special cake made, I will definitely be calling  Kim at Cakery Bakery.

Cakery Bakery, chocolate cake, lemon cake, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, lemon buttercream frosting, strawberry buttercream frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting,

No comments:

Post a Comment