Sunday, June 19, 2016

Game Night

I love mahjong!   The game, similar to rummy, is a tile game using skill, strategy, calculations and involves a degree of chance.  First game of the evening I was dealt three jokers!!! Then I drew two, making a total of five jokers. I just knew I would win the hand.  Not only did it I not win, no one did.  Eventually, I did mahjong after about four games.

 Mahjong



For our game night I decided to make burgers which I typically do not eat a lot of, but really like.  Why you ask, because if I have a burger I want either fries which we had this night, or chips.  I think of all those calories, especially if I know there will also be dessert.  The dessert is always more important.   Not that I wouldn't just have it all, because I have and do, just not very often.

 Just recently while visiting family in Texas, we were at my nephews for a cookout where I did eat it all.  Jonathan grilled burgers using Special Shit.  Now I had never heard of this special seasoning.  I said to him, "is this a joke?"  Not only was it for real, it was very, very good with  the perfect amount of salt, pepper, seasoned salt, chili powder, garlic and paprika.  I pulled out my phone and ordered three bottles right then before he even got the meat off the grill. It's that good.






Taking a break playing Mahjong, I sliced up some pie.  This was the first time I had ever made this.  The one thing I would do different would be to not put the banana's in.  I would slice up the banana's and place on top when I'm ready to serve.  The banana's freeze and get hard once frozen.  Other than that is was yummy.


Banana Split Pie
Ingredients:
Graham cracker crust ( store-bought or homemade)
3 banana's
Vanilla Ice-Cream
Chocolate Ice-Cream
Fudge Sauce
Maraschino Cherries
Sprinkles (optional)
Directions:
Line graham cracker crust with sliced banana's.  Spread desired amount of vanilla ice-cream over banana's.  Spread a layer of fudge sauce over vanilla ice-cream.  Add another layer of banana's, the spread soften chocolate ice-cream and freeze.  When ready to serve, top with whipping cream, maraschino cherries, fudge sauce and sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment