Saturday, November 14, 2015

Premier Surgical Associates Dinner Party and Open House

After a long day of work, Stone came home and asked, "darlin, would you be interested in giving a corporate dinner party for Premier Surgical Associates with ten people attending?"  Before I went to bed, I  had my menu planned and list made.  You mention putting on an event, you don't have to ask me twice.
Although most people would disagree with me, I think the most important decision is the dessert.  I live for sweets.  I usually can't decide on what to make, so I end up making at least two, sometimes three if I feel the notion.  Then of course I have to eat some of each, and then exercise double the next day.  To me it's worth the price to pay.  Why, we had one guest that informed me he doesn't eat sweets at all!  The reason, he just doesn't like them.  I think thats well and good, but for the life of me I don't understand how anyone can pass up butter and sugar.  I can't, and have never had the inclination to try.
For the desserts of the special evening I decided on Key Lime Pie and Pecan Pie.  My first thought was just the Pecan, then as I sat thinking, what if someone was allergic to nuts. Thats where the Key Lime came in.  Basically it was back up, and yes I had some of each, and yes I exercised this morning.  So here's the recipe, you know you want it.  Plop on a big dollop of Maple Whipping Cream and dig right in.

Pecan Pie
1 (9" pie)
Ingredients:
1 (9") pie crust
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups pecans
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350'.
In a bowl, whisk together sugar, syrups, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla; add eggs and whisk until mixed.
Melt butter in the microwave, until melted.  Slowly pour butter into the sugar mixture, and whisk to combine.  Stir in chopped pecans, then pour filling into the prepared pie crust.  
Bake on bottom rack for 15 minutes, the place on 4th rack and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until center is set. If pecans or crust is beginning to get to brown, cover with foil.  Once the filling is set, remove the pie and let cool completely on cooling rack before serving.   I served it with Maple Whipping Cream.  Whip up your Stabilized Whipping Cream as usual, but add 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup, YUM!!!



Premier Surgical Associates Open House





It wasn't my fault her mama wouldn't let her have a facial at Elite.


The men at Premier sure are styling.

One just happens to be my husband.











No comments:

Post a Comment