Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Banana Pudding Ice-Cream Pie

As I was pondering what sweet treat to make for our dinner guest Shannon and Sid, I remembered I had some half & half in the refrigerator.  My initial thought was Banana Pudding Ice-Cream.  The only problem was, I really wanted a pie.  So here is my creation.  Not only did I prepare ice-cream using my Cuisinart Ice-Cream Maker https://www.cuisinart.com/products/ice_cream/ice-30bc.html which I truly love, I got my pie also.  And by the time I served this amazing dessert, I had used all of the vanilla wafers, which was my intention.  I loath having left overs with not enough for a recipe.  Then it just sits in the pantry and eventually goes stale.  Honestly while I was making this, I ate numerous cookies, hehehe. 

Banana Pudding Ice-Cream Pie,Cuisinart Ice-Cream Maker,Half & Half,Sweetened Condensed Milk,Vanilla Wafers.
Banana Pudding Ice-Cream Pie
Ingredients for pie crust:
1 1/3 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Ice-Cream:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups half & half
3 Tablespoons banana cream instant pudding mix, (dry)
1 ripe banana, sliced very small.  I used my large grater.
1/2-3/4 cup broken vanilla wafers, I leaned towards the 3/4 cup.
Directions for pie crust:
Preheat oven 375".
Melt butter in a medium microwave bowl.  
Add vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar to melted butter and mix well. 
Place crumb mixture into a 9" springform pan or pie plate.  Bring crust up the side just a little, or not.  No need to spray pan.
Bake for 5 minutes.
Cool, then place in freezer while you make your ice-cream.
Directions for banana ice-cream:
Mix together banana cream instant pudding mix, half & half, and sweetened condensed milk.
Pour into your freezer bowl of your ice-cream maker.
Freeze according to the ice-cream makers instructions, mine took about 30 minutes.  
When the ice-cream begins to thicken add the vanilla wafers and banana.
When done spoon the ice-cream into the pie crust.
Then I spooned on a layer of whipped cream and returned it to the freezer.
When ready to serve top with additional whipped cream if desired and a vanilla wafer cookie if you want it to look pretty.  And you know you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment