Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Jonesborough Day's Festival

My birthday month began with lots of festivities.  First stop was Tennessee's oldest town, Jonesborough.  It was founded in 1779, 17 years before Tennessee became a state.   This unique town, nested in the Appalachian Mountains is where Stone and I began our July 4 holiday and my month long birthday celebration.   We checked into the Historic Eureka Inn which was fabulous.  It reminded me of my mother-in-laws homestead.  The town was ready to celebrate the 4th with red white and blue everywhere.  Booths were set up along Main Street and people were mingling along.  What originally got my attention was the promotion of the Low Country Shrimp Boil followed by Carolina Beach Music with the Beach Nite Band on the square.  Well, I had never been to a street dance before and let my tell you if was soooooo fun!  After a night of music and dancing Stone and I slept like babies.  The next morning after breakfast we settled into rocking chairs outside our room and watched the parade as it made its way down Main Street.  Jonesborough was like stepping back in time.  I loved this little town.

President Andrew Jackson's home for a short time.

Me and Stone

Cookies made at the Eureka Inn.  They were really yummy.  Stone and I ate several😃

Low Country Shrimp Boil


I had to be taught how to eat crawfish.  


Stone and I dancing the night away.


My patriotic breakfast.

Waiting for the July 4 parade to begin.


We had the best view of the parade.








No comments:

Post a Comment