Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Conversation with my mama this morning during my walk.  Mama: hey do you know what day today is? Me: no, what is today?  Mama: today is National Chocolate Chip Day.  Me: you don't say, I guess I'll just bake up some Chocolate Chip Cookies in honor of National Chocolate Chip Day.  As soon as I returned from my walk thats just what I did, only to find out National Chocolate Chip Day was May 15!  Hmmm, I guess you really don't have to have a national holiday to eat anything chocolate.  

Now I find out it really was National Chocolate Chip Day.   I guess my mama was right once again.  Do I have to tell her that?

Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 51 (2"X3/4") cookies
Cookie Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (24 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate chips, or any kind of chocolate chips you prefer.  I use 1 bag (9-oz.) Nestles Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels with Cherry Flavored Filling, the rest is a mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chocolate chips.
Cookie Instructions:
Heat oven to 350'.  Place oven rack on 4th row.   In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.  Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be a little stiff).  Stir in chocolate chips.
On greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out dough making 2"X3/4" rounds and flatten slightly.   Bake 11-13 minutes.


I like to scoop mine onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, flatten slightly and place them in the freezer until frozen. Then I place them in my food saver bags to keep them fresh.   When you have a desire for something sweet or chocolate, take out how many you want from freezer, do not thaw them.  Place oven rack on 4th row, bake at 350' for about 16 minutes.   Fresh baked cookies whenever you want them.

I use this old ice cream scoop of my mother-in-laws.

 I put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then into the freezer until frozen.

When frozen, I place them in my food saver bags to be baked another day when I want fresh, hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment