Sunday, April 5, 2015

An Evening At The Tennessee Theatre

The evening was clear and cool. It was going to be a perfect night.  Stone and I arrived earlier than our meet up time with friends Karen and Greg.  We walked around Market Square, took some pictures and ended at Scruffy City Hall.  We walked in and looked around. What a cute place.  There were two levels with a roof top patio opening soon.  Bands play nightly beginning at 10 pm. with a small area for dancing if you so choose. We do, so you best get out of our way.  Just saying!  I don't understand. You have a dance floor with people just standing on it talking like they don't know what its for, even though they see your doing your thing.  Either move your body to the music or get off the floor!  
We chatted with the bartender Marcus, who talked the place up.  Great personality and interested in making sure everyone has a good time.  He and another patron spoke of biking. I showed them the link to http://mbikesusa.com, my daughter and her husband's company.  They really like their bike's.  We chatted about Knoxville not being very bicycle friendly unless you're on the greenway. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Guys and Dolls, Tennessee Theatre, Tupelo Honey Cafe,Scruffy City Hall
Tito's Vodka with lemon and lime. Thank you Marcus.

Guys and Dolls, Tennessee Theatre, Tupelo Honey Cafe,Scruffy City Hall
Scruffy City Hall 

For dinner we met up with Karen and Greg at Tupelo Honey Cafe http://tupelohoneycafe.com/location/knoxville/?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=tupelo+honey+cafe+menu+Knoxville&utm_campaign=Knoxville on Market Square.  Tupelo Honey Cafe is not diet friendly, but it is sooooo good.  Karen and I skipped lunch so we were ready to eat.  Our server, Jade, started our meal by bringing biscuits and blueberry preserves to the table.  Everyone who knows me knows I love a good biscuit.  I quickly devoured it. I actually wanted another, but refrained. It was delicious.  I had looked at the dessert menu and well, I love dessert as much as I love biscuits.  For dinner Stone and I shared the Jumbo Crab Cakes served on a bed of greens with this tangy dressing and asparagus.  Our meal was delicious, but we weren't finished yet.  There was dessert to be had.  Stone and I shared a slice of Brown Butter Pecan Pie with Dark Chocolate Sauce.  After we quickly cleaned our plate, I wondered why we shared it.  I wanted my own since it was so luscious.  With our meal complete it was time to make our way to the Tennessee Theatre http://www.tennesseetheatre.com and see the production of Guys and Dolls.

Guys and Dolls, Tennessee Theatre, Tupelo Honey Cafe,Scruffy City Hall

Guys and Dolls, a broadway musical about a gambler, Nathan and his big crap game and his needing to find a place to host his game.  He needs to pay $1000, which he doesn't have, to have this game hosted.  The gambler also bet another not so good guy he couldn't get the virtuous mission worker to go with him on a date, which she did.  Meanwhile, Nathan's girlfriend for 14 years just wanted to get married.  Great musical with good music and numerous funny scenes.   

Guys and Dolls, Tennessee Theatre, Tupelo Honey Cafe,Scruffy City Hall
Tennessee Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment