Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 Tablespoons milk
1. In a large bowl, cream together the 3/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup powdered sugar for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add one cup flour, baking powder and salt. Mix. Add remaining flour and mix just until flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth and soft. Flatten the dough into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour.
2. Combine 4 Tablespoons butter that has been sitting out at room temperature, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix by hand until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
Rolling Cookie Instructions:
3. Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness. You want it rolled out like you would cinnamon rolls, not a square. With a angled spatula, I spread the filling over the entire cookie dough. I then rolled it like you would a cinnamon roll, at this point I put it back into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, it just made it easier to cut.
4. Preheat oven to 350'.
5. Then I cut each cookie into 1/2" pieces. Placing each slice on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. I did mine 11 minutes, depending on your oven. They should still be pale in color. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet 1-2 minutes before transferring them onto cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Prepare glaze by missing together the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until thick and smooth. Add the vanilla and 1 Tablespoon milk. Continue adding milk, 1/2 Tablespoon at a time, until the glaze is thick but pourable. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Store chilled in a airtight container.
Recipe adapted from: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/12/cinnamon-roll-sugar-cookies.html
Oooh, the pansies were in full bloom.