Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dinner At Cafe' du Soleil

What a night…fun is NEVER EVER overrated. Its good for the body, mind and soul.  It puts a spring in your step.   Carleen, Daniel, Stone and I arrived at Vlad's right on time.  We began our evening with cocktails, as Vlad proceeded telling us a story.  

Cafe' du Soleil,1st Friday of The Month, Knoxville Tennessee,L'escargot aux Beurre d'Ail,Rabbit a La Moutarde,Floating Island.

 As we arrived downtown, the first free parking garage we came upon was already packed.  Making our way adjacent to the restaurant, we found one with plenty of parking.  This one, however, we had to pay or now that I think about it, Daniel did.  Oh well, it was closer to where we where going.  This was good since Carleen and I had on heels.  It was the 1st Friday of the month when artists have their work on display so the downtown area was a happening place.  We walked into the small quant French Restaurant, Cafe' du Soleil, where we had reservations for 7:30 p.m..  When we arrived there were several patrons already enjoying their dinner.  We where seated and the dinner festivities began.  Our server brought us some appetizing french bread that they get from The Plaid Apron, a Knoxville Cafe.  Vlad began pouring the wine while the rest of us looked over the menu of authentic French cuisine.  I already knew which main entree I would choose since I had viewed it online prior to coming.   What I didn't know was that this was going to be the night I tried L'escargot aux Beurre d'Ail, better known as snails, in a garlic butter sauce.  Honestly, these where so good, I could have ordered another serving.  Hmmm, I will have to try duplicating the recipe, or better yet just come back another night for more. I was so excited to try them, I nearly forgot to take a picture.

Cafe' du Soleil,1st Friday of The Month, Knoxville Tennessee,L'escargot aux Beurre d'Ail,Rabbit a La Moutarde,Floating Island.
L'escargot aux Beurre d'Ail

For my main entree I ordered the Rabbit a La Moutarde prepared in a white wine sauce, with Dijon, carrots, pearl onions, mushroom and potatoes.   Who knew rabbit, which is similar to chicken, taste so good.  This also was a first for me.  

Cafe' du Soleil,1st Friday of The Month, Knoxville Tennessee,L'escargot aux Beurre d'Ail,Rabbit a La Moutarde,Floating Island.
Rabbit a La Moutarde

Never passing up on dessert, I ordered the Floating Island.  This slightly toasted soft meringue, floating in creme anglaise and drizzled lightly with caramel, was the perfect ending to my meal.  Sweet, but not to heavy.

Cafe' du Soleil,1st Friday of The Month, Knoxville Tennessee,L'escargot aux Beurre d'Ail,Rabbit a La Moutarde,Floating Island.
Floating Island

As with each dish that was served to me, I cleaned my plate.  That, from someone who loves to cook, is a complement to the chef!!!  This was my first visit to Cafe' du Soleil, but it will not be my last.

 Not wanting the evening to end, we returned to Vlad's home to have a Nightcap, all the while  elaborating on his previous story.  I love perfect nights like this and never want them to end.  Unfortunately, it was nearing midnight and someone was beginning to yawn, aka Stone, who was up very early with a tee-time for golf.   Hugs and kisses where given as we walked out into the night, planning our next story time and where it will lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment