With the arrival of fall comes the scent of cinnamon and the new fall fashion from cabi. This casserole is not only EASY, it is delish. You use can cinnamon rolls. Yes, you read that right. You know the kind that comes in a blue canister and you peel the paper back a little then pop the can so it will open, thats the one. They also add a little container of icing in the can.
Did I say this was easy? You do not prebake the rolls, just cut them up and place them in your 9X13" dish. Mix up the remaining ingredients, pour it over the rolls and it is ready to go. How easy is that?
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Yields: 12 servings
2 Tablespoons butter, melted.
2 cans (12.4 ounces each) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375'. Spray a 9X13" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place melted butter into 9X13" baking dish.
3. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; Set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces into dish, on top of melted butter.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract and maple syrup until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with walnuts if you choose to add.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
6. Microwave icing 10-15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
7. Drizzle icing over top of casserole.
8. Serve warm with a small pitcher of maple syrup and a shaker of powdered sugar on the side.
I made up the liquid portion of this recipe the night before I was going to make it to save time. Just place it in the refrigerator.