Makes: 25 using the 1 1/2" diameter cookie scoop
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
Wilton's gel food coloring (optional)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (measure correctly-spoon & level method)
1 cup mini chocolate chips, seems like a lot, but it isn't!!!
1. Using a stand mixer or your hand mixer, cream butter and gel food coloring. Mixing the food coloring with the butter helps it to blend well.
2. Next add powdered sugar, mix until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla extract and slowly add flour and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in mini chocolate chips, beating at low speed, scraping bowl as necessary, until well mixed.
5. Using a 1 1/2" diameter cookie scoop, scoop out dough and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is used. I recommend you chilling the dough for at least 1 hour in the fridge so the cookies stay round when you bake them. I actually kept them in the fridge, cover tightly with saran wrap over night and baked them the next morning.
6. Preheat oven to 350', bake cookies on middle rack until bottoms are just slightly tan, barely any coloring. About 14-15 minutes. Do not over-bake!
7. While those are baking, pour some powdered sugar into a bowl or plastic bag. While cookies are still warm, roll them in the sugar. Place cookies on cooling rack, once they have cooled completely ( they are little ugly, roll them again in the powdered sugar. Now look, beautiful!
8. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Sophia, the recipient of my Sweet Surprises.