Sunday, March 1, 2015

CAbi Time

Twice a year CAbi comes out with their new line.  The Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter.  My friend/CAbi Consultant Helen phones and we schedule a date for the showing.  I then invite guests and plan a menu.  I usually have my showing on a Saturday morning, therefore I do a small brunch.  The ladies arrive, we mingle, eat and Helen presents the new line of clothing.  Following the presentation there are lots of trying on, decisions, girl time and  the ladies giving each other their opinion as to what looks good.  My family knows I'm not one who enjoys going out and shopping for clothing.  This is perfect.  The cloths are brought to me. I do not have to leave the house and walk the malls, which I HATE!   Actually, the clothing arrives early and I try on each piece for my husband. With his help we make a decision.  He's really good at this.  We make a yes, no and a maybe pile.  Each season the yes pile is huge because the CAbi line of clothing has a timeless design.  The clothing is created to mix well with previous and future pieces, therefore you are alway mixing and matching pieces to change it up.  

Brie  and Bacon Quiche, CAbi, Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake,
 Don't all husbands say this?

Brie  and Bacon Quiche, CAbi, Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake,
Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake
Cake Ingredients:
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup grated apples, (I use my large grater for this).
Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup walnuts
1 Tablespoon Sparkling Sugar or Turbinado Sugar (optional)
Icing Ingredients:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 375'.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  In a separate mixing bowl, lightly mix together oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk.  Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture.  Do not over-stir.  Fold in apples.  Pour into a pan sprayed with baking spray. and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until combined.  Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter in the pan.  
Using a wooden spoon or spatula, lightly press most of the topping about halfway down in to the batter.  Leave some on top.
Sprinkle sparkling sugar or turbinado sugar on top, this is optional.
Bake for 25 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool just a bit, then mix up icing and drizzle of coffee cake.

Brie  and Bacon Quiche, CAbi, Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake,
 This coffee cake is so good, I have made it three days in a row.

Brie  and Bacon Quiche, CAbi, Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake,
For those more health conscious I had a tray of strawberries and apples.  I just had to dip some of the strawberries.  Hey, a little chocolate never hurts anybody and one must always have a little sprinkle in their life. My children would all agree.

Brie  and Bacon Quiche, CAbi, Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake,
 Brie and Bacon Quiche
Quiche Ingredients:
1 deep dish pie crust
4 ounces brie cheese, diced
4 ounces swiss cheese, diced
10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained, and crumbled
6 whole large eggs
1/2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 dash each nutmeg and pepper
Quiche Preparation:
Preheat oven 375'.
Roll out pie crust into a deep dish pie pan.
Place diced cheeses into pie shell.
On top of cheese spread out crumbled bacon on top.
Mix up remaining ingredients thoroughly and pour into the pie pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool slightly before serving.  Recipe from: http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/05/brie-and-bacon-quiche/
I didn't precook the pie crust any, but I think next time I will.  The bottom wasn't as flaky as I would have like. 

Brie  and Bacon Quiche, CAbi, Walnut & Apple Coffee Cake,

No comments:

Post a Comment