Monday, June 6, 2016

Chops and Brownies

I haven't cooked in over a week and I was ready to be back in the kitchen.  Recently while visiting our friends in Wimberly Texas, Raydean had made pork chops in a peach salsa which was very good.  Once home I got to thinking.  I had some Peachy Chipotle Sauce in the pantry that I had bought the last time I was in Texas at Cooper Farms Country Store.   

Peachy Chipotle Pork Chops
Ingredients:
4 thick pork chops
Salt and Pepper
1 (12.0 fl oz) bottle Cooper Farms Peachy Chipotle Sauce
Directions:
1.  Salt and pepper each pork chop.
2.  Place two pork chops into crock pot, pour 1/2 bottle of Peachy Chipotle Sauce on chops.
3.  Layer the two remaining chops on top of the previous, and pour on the remaining sauce.
4.  Cook on low 6-8 hours, until tender.
5.  Serve with mashed potatoes and drippings.


Once I had the pork chops assembled in the crock-pot, I remembered Raydean talking about some brownies that her mother-in-law, Joyce used to make.  They sounded so good that I just had to make them.  I sent her a text asking for the recipe and within minutes I was whipping  up a batch.  While they were cooling on the counter I had a young gentleman working on a door lock, actually four door locks.  I know it's crazy, but for some reason we had two that were loose, one that just fell apart and one that the key just went in circles.  This house isn't old and the locks are Yale locks, which are some of the best.  For some reason we had issues and I can't even blame it on kids hanging on them.  They are all grown and out on their own.  Anyway, Tim with Outlet Key Shop took care of all our lock problems.  I was in the kitchen when Tim commented on the brownie's cooling on the counter.  As he was packing up to go, I cut him a large brownie for him to take.  Heck, I was so excited that all the locks were fixed I nearly gave him the entire pan.


Aunt Katie's Brownies
Ingredients:
1 cup Crisco Vegetable Oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)  This was my addition, not in the original recipe.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) This was my addition, not in the original recipe.
Directions:
Preheat oven 350'.
1.  Add sugar to oil and mix.
2.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix beating well.
3.  Sift dry ingredients and add to batter.  Stir in mini chocolate chips.
4.  Pour into 11X7" pan that has been greased with crisco, then shake granulated sugar in pan to cover. Tap our the extra.  This will make the outer edges and bottom crispy.
5.  Pour batter into pan that has been dusted with granulated sugar.  Sprinkle walnuts on top.
6.  Bake until top is crusty and soft in center.  About 35-40 minutes.  DO NOT OVERBAKE!  




1 comment:

  1. We Give out personal loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, loans for bad credit and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need loan to startup a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? For more information. We will provide you with loan to meet your needs. For more information contact Note: And many More:and many more at 2%interest rate; (Whats App) number: +919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery

    ReplyDelete