Sunday, March 26, 2017

Ngorongoro Crater-Africa

Stone and I spent the entire day in the crater.  To descend into the crater it was about a 15-20 minute drive passing several Maasia Villages.  Once on the crater floor the wildlife was galore.   


Zebra's playing the mating game.

 We saw one kill while in Africa.  This lion (bottom left) having lunch, a baby zebra.  The other lion that joined in ran off the adult zebras that was trying to rescue the baby prior to feasting.









Wildebeest





This Lady from the Maasia Village making a necklace, one that I purchased.

One of several Maasia Villages we passed on our way to the bottom of the crater.






















Stone and I

This lion just finished lunch, a baby zebra.





Ostrich



Water Buffalo

Chef in the bush.


Yum! The cake, a Treacle Tart was so good I asked the chef for the recipe and he wrote it down.  I can't wait to make it.  It was served with a mango or chocolate sauce.  

To make the most of our time in the crater Stone and I joined in on a picnic style lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment