Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Hurricane That Hit On Valentine's

What was expected to be an afternoon of cards then dinner didn't exactly play out that way and this is the reason why.  My day began with waking up early to get the final prep work done for our special R-O-M-A-N-T-I-C Valentine meal, then onto the treadmill.  We all know the older you get the more you have to exercise or lets just say you should.  As many miles as I put on that machine everyday, it just goes to show I'm no spring chicken, nor do I want to be.  With my mileage put in, I needed to have a small bite to eat (remember the words a small bite to eat) to get me through until my evening meal.  Now typically I don't like to eat much throughout the day with dinner being my main meal, especially when it is to be followed with dessert that is loaded with calories. With that being said lets get to the reason we never played cards.  

Our guests arrived with this incredible cocktail for us to enjoy while we played cards, you know the cards that we never touched.  The cocktail was called a Hurricane.  I had never heard of or consumed a H-u-r-r-i-c-a-n-e.  This cocktail is a sweet alcoholic drink with rum, lots of rum.  It's so fruity you don't realize how much alcohol you are sipping until its to late.  Its even worse if you've only had a small bite to eat throughout the day as I had.  The alcohol goes straight to your head or as I was pre-warned, it would put you on your ass as it most certainly did.  

Hurricane
Makes: 3 pitchers
Ingredients:
One Fifth (750ml) Bacardi Light Rum
One Fifth (750 ml) Bacardi Dark Rum
9 3/4 cups Orange Juice
9 3/4 cups Pineapple Juice
1 3/4 cups Grenadine

Mix it all up and serve over ice.

 The cards that didn't get played.

A little festive touch to our evening.

Greg-Karen (The Culprit who made the H-u-r-r-i-c-a-n-e)-Stone-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment